Whenever an injury or death occurs due to a medical mistake that was avoidable or due to negligence, it is important for the injured party or their loved ones to contact a malpractice attorney. Finding the right attorney in the Port St. Lucie area is critical to ensure that the patient’s rights are protected while seeking an appropriate end to their medical malpractice case. There are a few questions that should be asked when hiring a malpractice attorney in order to learn about their skills, qualifications, and how they will handle the malpractice case.
Questions About the Attorney’s Experience
When selecting an attorney, it is important to find out how much experience they have and the types of law they practice. To maximize the potential for an optimum outcome to the malpractice case, it is best to select an attorney who is experienced in medical malpractice or personal injury law and has years of experience in the field.
Here are some questions to assess the attorney’s experience:
- How long have you been practicing law?• How long have you been practicing law in Port St. Lucie?
- What types of law does your firm practice?
- What areas of law do you practice in?
- Have you ever taken a case to trial? What was the outcome of that case?
- What was the result of the most recent case that you worked on?
Questions About the Specific Case
Before meeting with the attorney, take time to gather as much information as possible about the malpractice case in question. With more information about the actual case, the attorney will be able to provide better answers to any questions and provide insights into factors such as which course of action to take and the anticipated results.
Here are some questions to assess how the attorney will handle the malpractice case:
- Is there a statute of limitations that affects this case?
- What is the expected outcome of this case?
- Who within the firm will I be contacting regularly while dealing with the case?
- How much do you charge for your services? When are these fees collected?
- If the case is won, what percentage of the award do you take?
If you are someone you know need assistance with a medical malpractice case in the Port St. Lucie area, contact the Law Office of Gloria Seidule. Gloria Seidule is a malpractice attorney who will fight for your rights.