Personal injury lawyers in Stuart strongly recommend if you are the victim of another’s carelessness or negligence, you should not say, sign or do anything without an attorney present. To ensure that your rights are protected, it’s in your best interest to keep the following tips in mind.
What you should NOT do, say or sign while you don’t have a personal injury lawyer present:
- Do not admit responsibility to the other parties involved or with the police if they are called the scene!
- Be truthful with the police about the facts of the accident but don’t offer your opinion that the accident may have been your fault because if there is litigation, then things you say may be used against you.
- Do not sign any documents nor agree to pay any damages.
- Your insurance company will determine what expenses are appropriate to pay.
- Never give a statement to or settle with the other party’s insurance company! Offer only the very basics. Once you settle for injuries, you can’t get any more money, no matter what anyone says.
- You should never ever take your legal advice from the other party’s insurance company. It is their job to keep their settlement at a minimum.
The bottom line is that you need your own lawyer to give you proper advice about whether you have a case or not – and even if you should settle or not. At The Law Offices of Gloria Seidule , we know how complicated cases like these can get and that it is in your best interest to hire a personal injury lawyer in Stuart that will deal with the insurance companies to cover any damages, including medical and personal expenses.