2400 SE Federal Highway
Suite 300, Stuart, FL, 34994

Law Updates

Birth Injury Lawsuits in Stuart FL

birth injury

What’s the difference between a birth defect and a birth injury?

A birth defect means that your child was genetically predisposed to having a certain kind of disability, whereas a birth injury is a specific kind of injury that happened during birth that caused a disability or disorder in an otherwise healthy infant. An experienced birth injury attorney understands these tactics and will prepare your case with evidence that proves your infant indeed was injured because of medical negligence.

If a physician or someone else on the medical staff makes a mistake, your child may have to live with the results of these errors for a lifetime. You may want to consider filing a brain injury lawsuit.

How Medical Malpractice Attorney Gloria can Help You

As a birth injury attorney, I will make a lawsuit as stress-free as possible. I work on a contingency fee basis, meaning I get paid when you receive a financial recovery. A birth injury lawsuit can help you recover damages for:

  • Past, current, and future medical expenses
  • Healthcare costs associated with rehabilitation, therapy, counseling, and specialized medical equipment
  • Pain, suffering, and emotional distress
  • Lost wages due to providing care for the disabled child
  • Loss of enjoyment and companionship

What Birth Injury Compensation Can You Receive?

Actual compensation will depend on a variety of factors, including the type of birth injury, its severity and all estimated past and future costs associated with the birth injury. A determination must also be made on whether or not there are any legal caps that dictate a maximum amount of compensation allowed in medical malpractice cases.

In general, however, when you win your case, compensation for the following will be awarded:

  • Medical costs, including past and future
  • Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
  • Costs associated with in-home care, special education, and therapy
  • Specialized equipment (if needed), such as wheelchairs, braces, etc.

If you have questions or concerns, we’re here to help. Contact me at GloriaLaw.com or at 772-287-1220 for your free consultation.

Skip to content